Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Using my 5 senses♪

I have taken trips (or vacation) to many places with my family. The place I enjoyed and liked the most were the places I visited in the Caribbean: Puerto Rico, Cuba, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cayman, etc..

These places were similar in many ways.
First, the weather there is really nice. Most of the time it's humid but when you go down to the beach, you can feel this nice breeze that makes you relax:)
Secondly, when you are walking down the street, the most common language you will hear is Spanish. My brother and I were learning spanish in school, so we would translate stuff to our parents or greet the people we meet there in Spanish.
Thirdly, the foods you eat there are slight different from the foods in the states. I like how they have hot spices and looks really healthy. Most of the plates had beans in them. For desert, we would get fresh fruits or juice. I really like the foods there.
Fourthly, what the first thing I realized when we got off at the airport in those countries, was the smell of the ocean and the tropical fruits, like coconuts. I really like the smell of the air there. It seems really clean.
Lastly, I realized there were no tall buildings. When you look around, the tallest thing you could see are the palm trees. It's really nice to look at the tropical flowers and how you are surrounded by nature.

These five similarities are the reasons why I enjoyed my trip in the Caribbean. I get different senses from where I lived in the states and from where a visited. I enjoyed the difference in what I see, feel, hear, smell, and taste.

1 comment: