As I wrote in my profile, I have been transferring schools many times and have met so many teachers with different characteristics. Each one of them had helped me through difficult times and they have influenced me in many ways.
When I first came to Japan in elementary school, I wasn't used to the Japanese culture yet and had trouble fitting in. My teacher at that time said to me, "It's ok. You will soon get used to the new environment. Don't worry." I thought to myself then, "Its easy for her to say that because she doesn't understand how much effort it takes to try to fit into a new environment" but after two weeks or so, I found out that she was right. She had also helped me whenever I had trouble understanding something and had supported me throughout the whole year. For the four years I attended that elementary school, I had different teachers every year but each one of them had supported me and I felt like they really understood me. I was able to enjoy my school life there.
After moving back to the states, my english level was low compared to other students in my school. I was imediately put into an ESL class. ESL stands for "English as a Second Language". At first, I didn't like the idea how I had to leave the classroom and couldn't learn with the rest of my classmates. Soon, however, I found myself enjoying ESL class, thanks to Ms.L. Before each lesson, she would tell me about her story as an ESL teacher. She has taught many students with different backgrounds and she said she had learned a lot from those students. She said she likes being an ESL teacher and she would tell me about what she had learned from her students. Listening to her stories made me feel special in a very good way:) I was also glad to know that I wasn't the only one who took this special program and that there were many others out there who's trying to improve their English like me.
Ok...Well I was only able to introduce two teachers out of so many others who have influnced me but I'm afraid I can't write them all down. To conclude, I am very glad to have met all the teachers who have taught, helped, and supported me.(Even though I had been a naughty student...)THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! <3
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey yukiko!
ReplyDeleteyou have had very interesting, and quite tough life ne!!
those challenges must have made you the way you are, friendly, fun, outgoing, strong, and insideout-beautiful girl!!